A message from Lori Johnson, RMT
Soma Studios will be opening on June 1, 2020. We are all very excited to see you again and to get back to doing what we love: helping you feel great in your bodies. We will be implementing the following safety and disinfecting protocols to keep you and our staff safe.
- 48 hours before every appointment, you will receive an email directing you to answer our COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you complete and submit this questionnaire prior to every visit. We will not be able to treat you unless this questionnaire is complete. If you do not complete the questionnaire prior to your visit, we will have to ask you to complete it before you enter the studio.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or loss of sense of smell, please stay at home and cancel your appointment. We will be relaxing our 24-hour cancellation policy during this period for anyone experiencing flu-like symptoms, so don’t hesitate to call us to cancel if you are not feeling well on the day of your appointment. If you are unsure about your symptoms, we also suggest filling out the online BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment before your appointment.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask/shield and you are required to come to your appointment wearing a mask as well. You are required to have a mask on before entering the studio.
- In order to practice social distancing, we are staggering appointments. This means that you should be the only client arriving during your booked time. Please help us keep this schedule by arriving on time for your appointment.
- Please stay outside the studio or in your vehicle until we come to the studio door to let you in at your scheduled time. Clients are not permitted in the waiting area inside the East studio in order to allow us to practice safe social distancing. One client at a time will be permitted to wait inside at Soma West. Exceptions will be made for clients with mobility challenges. If you have a special circumstance or mobility challenge, please alert your therapist about your needs prior to your appointment.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Tea and water will not be served at this time.
- Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer provided when you enter the studio.
- After you have washed your hands, your therapist will direct you to your treatment room where they will have wiped down the door handles, the face piece and table, and any hard surfaces with a disinfectant prior to your arrival. All linens and blankets will be cleaned and replaced after each client.
- After conducting an assessment and discussing your treatment plan with you, your therapist will ask you to sign a new consent form which contains a new clause specifically related to COVID-19. Please note that this new consent form will only need to be signed the first time you come back to the studio.
- After the session, please open the door once you are dressed and your therapist will come back in to give you home care and/or discuss the treatment.
- Once you have exited the treatment room, you are welcome to use the washroom before you leave. The washroom will be sanitized after every use.
- To further reduce interactions, Soma Studios is implementing contactless electronic payment. Our online booking system, Jane, provides a safe and efficient way to automatically process payments. We are asking all our clients to input their credit card information into their Jane account to facilitate this. If you had already done so in the past, you will have to enter your credit card information again as we had to delete all previous data to ensure that we have up-to-date information. To get instructions on how to do this, you can click on the following link:
If you are not comfortable with this option, you can arrange an e-transfer with your therapist. Let your therapist know beforehand if you would prefer this option.
- Because you have a credit card on file or have arranged an e-transfer with your therapist, you can simply leave the studio. We will email you the receipt. No paper receipts will be issued at this time.
We hope these protocols will keep all of us safe and enable you to get back to regular treatments. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Soma Team