Bliss Balls: The Healthy Treat
The Holidays can make it tough to stay on track with your health and wellness. So many meals out with visitors, rich foods, and sweets! These Bliss Balls are a great alternative to holiday cookies and look just as festive. To activate your nuts simply soak overnight in filtered water. I love the combination of almonds and hazelnuts but feel free to add your own twist! Enjoy!
Bliss Balls Recipe:
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup activated nuts (I like almonds and hazelnuts)
1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (start with less and check the consistency)
½ cup shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to food processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
recipe adapted from here.